Today, as promised, I announce the winners of the Just Because April Giveaway. All of you guys that entered by leaving a comment (on either the original giveaway or the revised one) were assigned a number, and then I used a random number generator to pick three of you out to win.
The first to be picked were the winners of the two runner-up prizes, which included:
* Signed and personalised bookplates.
* FrostFire and Shadows on the Moon swag.
And the winners are...
Amy Celestia and The Book Queen
Congratulations, you guys! I hope you're happy. Please email me ASAP with your postal addresses and I will send your prizes out to you (I have a feeling one of you may have won a giveaway from the blog before? But you still need to email me, because my chances of being able to find your address among the insane disorganisation of my inbox are pretty much nil).
And now for the grand prize winner, who will recieve:
* A pre-order of the UK paperback of FrostFire sent directly from the Book Depository to you the moment the book is available (or one of my author copies, depending on which would reach you quicker).Shadows on the Moon, with the all-new versions of the haiku which I wrote especially to be more faithful to a Japanese aesthetic.
* An extremely pretty signed and personalised U.S. hardcover of Daughter of the Flames (according to Amazon and the Book Depo these are no longer available from Candlewick Press, so you probably want to get your hands on this while you can).
* FrostFire swag - full-colour postcards and magnets - and assorted Shadows on the Moon swag.
* A secret surprise item!
This lucky winner is...
(Even longer and more suspenseful drumroll, please!)
Congratulations, Gill! Well done! Again, email me pronto with your address, and I can get it boxed up and sent out, with the obvious exception of the FF pre-order, which has to wait until July 5th, or until I get my own copies, whichever comes first :)
Wow, that was really tiring. Phew! However, if you've not had your fill of excitement for the day, here's a link to a blog put together by Bonnie of A Backwards Story to celebrate the U.S. release of Shadows on the Moon.
She's analysed the differences in the haiku between the U.S. and UK of the book, and even got me to tell her the inside scoop on how they happened, as well as reviewing the book and comparing the covers. Awesome, right? Go give her some love.
Also, you may have noticed a dinky new feature in the sidebar on the right - a progress metre for each of the Katana books and the trilogy as a whole. What do you think? Are you interested in knowing this stuff, or does it just clutter up the joint?
Oh, and one more thing: I'm going to have an early start and a busy day on Thursday, so I'm posting this just a tiny bit early (actually, slightly before I said I was going to pick the winners, which was midnight - I just didn't think anyone else was likely to enter at this point). But even though it says Wednesday up there, this still counts as Thursday's post, not an extra Wednesday one. Get it? Got it? Good.
And now it's time to take Finn on a last ramble around the block before bed. Au revoir, Dear Readers. See you on Tuesday!