Tuesday 11 October 2016

NEW ARRIVALS!

Hello, my little macaroons! Happy Wednesday to everyone, and thank you for joing me today. I'm delighted to say that I have pretty pretty pictures to share - because in the last week not one but TWO delightful parcels have arrived for me bearing gifts.

What was in package number one, you ask? Why ask no further, because it was THIS:

 
 

The final volume of the Candlewick Press hardback editions of The Name of the Blade Trilogy! A rather lucious jade green this time, with a scale effect and copper typography - and matching green binding with copper foil and endpapers.

And yes, that's a jellyfish in the silhouette. If you've read the book you know why, and if not then you'll just have to buy this and find out won't you?

But even better than that!



Together at last. My fourteen year old self, if she could see this, would be actual-facts-ugly-crying. I nearly did myself. The trilogy is now officially completed and it's so beautiful!

But wait - there's more. ALSO in the post last week was THIS:




Yes, that's a glimpse of the long-awaited sequel/short story/epilogue of Shadows on the Moon, which I hope will satisfy fans of the book at last. But this book, too, is part of a set, so it seemed only right to do this:




Look what they did with the back covers there - isn't that clever? It's almost like the tangle of thorns transforms into a swirl of hair in the same gust of wind the sweeps the cherry blossoms across from one book to another. Gorgeous!

Frail Human Heart will be out in the US at the beginning of November. This new and improved version of Shadows on the Moon will be out here in the UK at the same time.

Once they're both on the shelves... I'm sure not what'll be next for me. I'm out of contract now - I have no new books due out for the first time in a decade. I'm still working on the book I got my Arts Council grant for, and I'm hoping to make a giant leap in progress during NaNoWriMo this year (yes, I'm going to give it another bash, no, I never learn, and yes, I will keep you all abreast of my progress - in fact, why not join up too and friend me here?) but I don't know when or if that will be published. I have some other news about my future which I'm hoping to share soon, but I need to get official confirmation first. Apart from that it's all wide open, which is both scary and exciting. 2017 is going to be an eventful year, I think!

Read you later, cupcakes!

NaNoWriMo

13 comments:

Krispy said...

Barefoot and Shadows look so beautiful together!!

Zoë Marriott said...

They do, don't they? Not that I can take the credit - but thanks anyway :)

Phoenixgirl said...

Oo, pretty!

Completely unrelated question for you as a fellow Bujold fan: have you ever read her stand-alone fantasy novel The Spirit Ring? I've only just learned of its existence, and I'm curious to know if it's worth tracking down. I had no idea she'd written any fantasy besides the Sharing Knife and Chalion books!

Zoë Marriott said...

Definitely worth tracking down, Phoenix. It doesn't have the epic scale of some of her other works, and there are some rough edges (the characters take a while to progress to 'likeable' - although, to me, that makes them more truly memorable by the end) but I really, really enjoyed it. In fact, I might dig it out and re-read it now...

Phoenixgirl said...

Thanks - good to know! It looks like the library in a neighboring town has it (although they're not in the same library system as my library, unfortunately, so I can't just have it sent over). I'll have to find a time to drive over and check it out.

BTW, I finally gave in and bought the Chalion/Five Gods novellas Penric's Demon and Penric and the Shaman on Kindle (after downloading the app to read them on my laptop). I read the first one the other day and enjoyed it very much! I had re-read The Hallowed Hunt just before that, which turned out to be unexpectedly appropriate, since Penric is set in that part of the world. Have you read them yet?

Zoë Marriott said...

I've read Penric - and enjoyed it very much, so much that I wish it was a full novel rather than a novella. I didn't actually know about The Shaman! I'll have to go an get it! *Bustles away*

Unknown said...

The hardback copies look gorgeous!! Currently re-reading Shadows and noticing things about it I didn't before ^_^ Can't wait for November, that cover ties in so well with BotW - so much attention to detail! Must be an incredible feeling seeing them all on the shelves now!

Will also be attempting NaNoWriMo again too after a lot of time off writing. Will be cheering for you, you can do it!!!

Zoë Marriott said...

Thanks, Kimberley - I love to hear that, because I re-read all my favourite books and I'm always so pleased when I find new things in them. It makes me really happy to think my books have that ability!

Are we writing buddies on the NaNo website? Prod me if not, please! Fingers crossed I don't get the NaNoVirus again (or worse).

Unknown said...

Same here! Always so happy when I see new things and I'm then like how did I miss that before??? And they definitely do, noticed so much more in Shadows than I did in the first read.

And not yet! Consider this prodding you! :) Hopefully not! NaNoVirus is a terrible thing. Double fingers crossed!!

Zoë Marriott said...

Are you there under Kimberley Ford? I've just done a search but I can't find you! Can you add me, then I can add you back?

Unknown said...

I believe I found you and you already found me! ^_^ My photo matches my google profile thing-y if that helps!

Zoë Marriott said...

Oh, there you are! We were friends all along :)

Unknown said...

Apparently so! :) Now bring it on NaNoWriMo!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...