Hi guys! Monday again, and I hope you're all having a sterling day, or at least one that you can live through.
First today, of all I want to remind everyone about The Iron Witch giveaway. If you haven't entered yet, get your butt in gear and clickety on this link RIGHT NOW. I pick the winner on Wednesday, so there isn't much time left.
In other news, I'm still deep in the grip of my FrostFire rewrite here. As a result, today I'm going to do a little round-up for you of writing links that I personally find useful.
1) FIVE WRITING MANTRAS THAT BEAR REPEATING. Inspiring words from SF author James Maxey.
2) ON INSPIRATION. Useful common-sense advice from bestselling YA fantasy author Cassandra Clare.
3) WHEN THE WRITING ISN'T WORKING. Comfort and help from YA fantasy author Jackie Kessler.
4) FIVE THINGS THAT DEFINE MY WRITING. A thoughtful post from me about the themes I like to explore.
5) CHARACTER PRIORITIES AND JET PROPULSION. Some solid points from Dystopian YA author Veronica Roth.
With any luck, you'll get as much excitement and interest out of these as I did.
Before I go, I want to put something to you all. I've been blogging since June last year, and a lot of my early posts were basically seen by me and about four others. And some of those were good posts that I'm proud of. So I'm considering re-posting some of those early articles now, to allow new readers or sporadic readers who've missed posts, to see them without having to trawl forwards through the blog archive to do it. How does everyone feel about that? Even if you did read the posts the first time around, would you find it interesting to get a chance to re-read?
Well, that's all from me today. See you Wednesday, when I'll be picking one lucky winner for The Iron Witch!