Monday 18 April 2011

WHY FAIRYTALES ARE MAGIC



Hello everyone - I hope you're having a happy Monday!

I'm on what I believe (fingers crossed) is the homeward leg of my FF revision journey, which means that regular blog service may be restored soon. However, today I actually have what I think is a pretty good post lined up for you - it's just not on this blog.

A few weeks ago the lovely ladies at Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing and The Book Rat approached me and told me about this amazing idea they had for something called Fairy Tale Fortnight. They asked me if I'd like to be involved and my response was something along the lines of: HELL yes!

Today my guest post on why fairytales are magic is up on both blogs. Later on there will also be an interview with me, a communal fairytale reading and and a book giveaway which will include signed copies of both my fairytale books - yes, that's right - a signed copy of The Swan Kingdom and of an ARC of Shadows on the Moon. Ashley and Misty also have loads more cool, fairytale related stuff going on over the next two weeks, including visits by Donna Jo Napoli and Jaclyn Dolomore.

Seriously, you guys. There's so much awesome my head might actually explode.

Get thee over there to Ashley and Misty's blogs right now - and keep your eye on them during Fairy Tale Fortnight so that you don't miss out on anything ridiculously cool!

More from me on Wednesday. Take care!

9 comments:

serendipity_viv said...

What an amazing idea. I will pop over in a bit and have a look.

Zoë Marriott said...

I know! I'm so happy that I get to be involved in it!

Megz said...

I really should try and read more fairytales...

(Have you heard about what Nicole Crowther did? And now she's fired. She announced a massive spoiler for the next episode of Glee.)

Zoë Marriott said...

No, I hadn't - so please don't tell me any more! I don't wanna be spoiled!

Isabel said...

Sounds exciting!!! Did you say... A SIGNED ARC OF Shadows on the Moon???? OMGOMGOMG. And I can't wait for the interview! I will definitely keep myself updated. How exciting!!! EEEPP!!!

Megha and Zoe: I love Glee too. Don't give it away!!! Even though I can't wait for the next episode. Does it sound good? It's too bad that whoever that is was fired, though... :( Hopefully she's not one of the actors! That would not be good.

Isabel said...

Oh my Gosh I bet it has something to do with Finn and Rachel getting back together... does it? Nevermind -- don't tell me -- I don't wanna hear!!!

Elise said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE fairytales! XD I'll definitely check it out!

Zoë Marriott said...

Isabel: Yes, I did - it's one of the few I have left, so it's extra precious. The competition is there now, so you can go and enter if you want. And I Googled Nicole Crowther, and it turns out that she's an extra, not one of the main actors. Which is a relief!

Elise: Ah, my readers have excellent taste! The competition is open now if you want to enter!

Megha said...

Zoe: Yeah. I don't know what she gave away because they deleted the comment. But I just can't believe she did that. First she said she posted that because she didn't want to be an extra, then she said that she was taking alcohol. She's making excuses.
Isabel: You like Glee? I had no idea. Yay.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...