*Waves from the trenches*
Hi everyone. I've had a week of insane up and downs and I thought I'd share a few with you this wet and windy Friday (I think we've had our chips as far as summer goes, here in the UK).
1) In the downs, take a look at these images for a glimpse of how my revising is going. If it looks like the pages are bleeding to death? That's pretty accurate.
2) In the ups, my new laptop arrived! I call it The Scalpel, because it's thin and silver and shiny.
3) In the downs, I got ripped off trying to buy an ARC of Cassandra Clare's new book, Clockwork Angel, from eBay (I should point out that when I buy an ARC because I can't wait to get my hands on the story, I *always* also buy the official copy later, because otherwise you're depriving the author of sales that could make a big difference to their success). Turns out the guy doesn't have any ARCs. He's just charging £19.99 for a 'pre-order' for the book and conveniently forgetting to leave the fact that he doesn't have any copies yet off the listing page!
4) In the ups, my editor says she can get me an advanced copy of Clockwork Angel anyway (d'oh! I totally forgot that Cassandra Clare has the same British publisher as me. What an idiot).
5) Another up - I've seen a provisional version of the Shadows on the Moon cover and it is SWOONWORTHY. They're still tweaking it and I'm still working on a good tagline for it, so I'm not allowed to show yet, but I will say that I'm very proud to be published by Walker Books, who've kicked that whole RaceFail thing right to the curb and have given me a proud and beautiful Japanese styled cover. Whee! Images as soon as I get clearance, my pretties.