Monday 2 August 2010

BOOK REVIEWS

I read three books from my TBR pile this weekend, and they couldn't have been more different from each other if they tried! For your delectation and delight, I've reviewed all three and put the reviews on my Goodreads page. I wish I could post them here directly, but I tend to ramble when I review (yes, yes, I know - not JUST when I review!) and even a single one of them would be long for a blog post.

So if you want to know what I thought of SHIVER by Maggie Stiefvater, you can find out here.

If you'd like to hear my thoughts on PRINCESS OF THE MIDNIGHT BALL by Jessica Day George you can read them here.

If you're interested in a review of THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH by Carrie Ryan, it's here.

I also watched Clash of the Titans - the new version with Gemma Arterton and Sam Worthington - this weekend. Now, friends of mine from primary school might remember my obsession with the Greek myths. I re-read my battered Penguin anthology until it fell to pieces and made about four illustrated manuscripts of my own, retelling my favourites. I've seen each of the Harryhausen films about twelve times. I've never attempted to re-tell any of them as an adult, because I simply don't feel I have the skills yet to do any one of the Greek myths justice. So you might guess that my reaction to a film that pretty much pees on the beautiful purity of the myths I love so much was not...entirely positive. I shan't sully your eyes with it. But I will say: Pegasus was gorgeous, Gemma Arterton was gorgeous and Hades' dark brimstone wings were gorgeous. I'd like to ride one, borrow the face and hair of another, and wear the third for my next costume party. I'll leave it up to you to decide which is which.

Next, I think I'm going to read BRIGHTLY WOVEN by Alexandra Bracken. Stand by for my review.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...