Monday 24 January 2011

MAGIC WORDLE IS MAGIC

Hi everyone - Monday again. Where the heck did the weekend go? Oh, that's right, I didn't have one because I was locked in my study for twenty hours living on coffee and Quavers, writing seven thousand words in two days. Never mind. *Insane Cackle*

Ahem. Anyway, I fully intended to do you a big, long writing post today but once again the demands of writing Big Secret Project interfered. I swear, this project is going to devour my soul before I'm finished. However, I'm hoping to complete the sample chapters this week, so with any luck the blog will return to its normal schedule soon.

In the meantime, if there are any topics you'd like me to cover - any particular aspects of writing, publishing, being a writer, or any other random subjects that you'd like me to blog on, please comment or email and I'll do my best to accomodate you.

To tide us over until I'm back in the land of the living, I thought I'd once again tease and taunt you with all the stuff about Big Secret Projec that I can't actually tell you. Hence: Wordle!


Wordle: WIP
http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/3029189/WIP


I used my synopsis here, since I haven't written enough of the book for it to represent the story fairly. Once again, magic Wordle is scarily accurate in the way it presents the story, with all the dramatic words slicing into each other and the way it links up certain words. How does it know? Mio, by the way, is the heroine's name. But that's all I'm saying. Google is your friend on the other stuff.

Read you on Wednesday. If you'd like an actual post instead of me just rambing, tell me what to write about in the comments!

11 comments:

Megha said...

I want you to ramble!

Anyway, Wordle picks up the words you used most and displays them as the biggest.

Zoë Marriott said...

Yes, I know the most used words are the biggest - but it's the way the words intersect with each other that is intriguing, since the programme cannot possibly understand the personal relationships between the characters represented by the words. But somehow...

Megha said...

I liked your previous one with Luca far away from the rest of the words.

Zoë Marriott said...

I wonder if that would change if I did a new Wordle now? You see, the ending of FF COMPLETELY changed since I did that!

Isabel said...

That's awesome! I'll have to make one of those sometime....

Zoë Marriott said...

They're definitely fun - and you can play around with them and change the colours and the shapes too, so even if the first attempt doesn't look good you don't have to give up.

Isabel said...

I'm in the early stages of my story right now, so I don't know how that would work out yet, but I'll try it once I'm further on in the book.

Anyway. I finished The Sweet Far Thing yesterday. I was too depressed to share this with you guys yesterday, (Nattasha, you may not want to read on if you don't want me to give something away!) but now that I'm feeling a little better, I will. I cried for about an hour. This isn't because I was sad about finishing the series but because a very important character that was one of my favorites... died. In a way that really breaks the heart. This wasn't just a sniffle here, a tiny sob there. These were outright, heart-wrenching sobs. I was completely depressed. I've never cried so much or felt so much grief for a character before in my LIFE. I'll never get over it. Not ever. I was trying to get in one last page at school before dismissal, and I really wish I hadn't. I started sobbing in front of the whole class. Then I went home, and I cried some more. I'm sorry that I'm rambling on to you about this, Zoe, but I have to let my feelings out on someone. *Sigh*

Anyway, I'm reading FIRE now. It's good so far. I'm on page four hundred something.

Zoë Marriott said...

You are not alone, Isabel. I have done that so many times, and people always say 'But it's only a BOOK. It's not REAL' in this puzzled way and I do wonder if they get it at all. If you can't love and believe in fictional characters with all your heart, why bother reading at all? Anyway, I hope you get distracted by FIRE and feel better soon, Isabel. *Hugs*

Isabel said...

Sorry, not four HUNDRED, just forTY!

Yes, I always cry over books, but this time is different, Zoe. I can't explain to you how I felt when that person died. It was... horrible. The most I've ever felt for a character in my life, and that's saying something.

Zoë Marriott said...

I do know what you mean. There's a good old satisfying cry over a book or film and then there's feeling utterly shattered and HURT by a book or film, feeling as if you're grieving for real and you've really lost something you can never get back. Not many people feel this way, I don't think. I shows that you're highly empathetic. You'll probably always feel sad when you think about that character, but eventually you will start to feel better, and the sadness will blur around the edges, and it won't prey on your mind so much. Okay?

Isabel said...

Okay. Usually it is just the satisfying cry, but not this time. It really tore my heart out. In time, the sadness will fade, but for now, it's still fresh, and it hurts. Thanks for the sympathy. It makes me feel better to know I'm not alone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...